to Support Access and Upgrades
I’m writing today to share news from the mountain where Unitarian Universalists and kindred spirits connect in nature, igniting creativity, strengthening community, and building capacity to heal the world.
Generous donors from First UU Church of San Diego have offered a $20,000 challenge to fund camp improvements and scholarships that will help more youth and families experience the transformative power of Camp in the coming year.
When you contribute by December 31, 2017, your donation will be matched dollar-for-dollar.
It’s hard to believe that John Muir wrote the following words over 100 years ago: “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world…I must break away and get into the mountains to learn the news.” They could have been written last week.
As someone who has experienced first-hand the benefit of Camp, you know what it feels like to get offline, away from the city, to regroup and refuel.
Camp needs your help to continue to be comfortable and welcoming for all who come.
- We are upgrading trails to be more accessible for our oldest and youngest campers, and those living with disabilities.
- We are investing in much-needed maintenance of our snow removal equipment.
- And we are replenishing our youth camper scholarship funds.
Double your impact when you donate by December 31st, and make a difference at Camp.
We’ve even created a new monthly giving program to make it easy to sustain a healthy camp on an ongoing basis:
- $10/month helps maintain furnishings and trails
- $25/month underwrites three youth camp scholarships
- $50/month supports energy efficient building upgrades
Thank you for helping to create a more welcoming Camp de Benneville Pines with your charitable gift! I hope to see you at Camp!
Board President and CEO