COVID-19 and Camp de Benneville Pines
Updated 3/4/22 and subject to change
Camp de Benneville Pines takes the health and welfare of the camp community seriously. We will continue to work closely with our medical advisors on our plans for the 2022 season with an emphasis on health and safety. We were thrilled we were able to open last fall with no known cases of COVID-19 among our campers.
Here are some important notes about what to expect this spring/summer at Camp:
- All attendees and volunteers must be fully vaccinated, and proof of vaccination is required prior to arrival at Camp.
- All attendees and volunteers are required to produce a valid PCR test obtained within 72 hours of planned arrival at camp. Alternately, they must bring with them an unused rapid Covid testing kit. This test will be administered prior to Check-in by a camp-designated individual.
- Masking is required for all indoor activities except for while a camper is sitting down to eat or drink.
- Masking is recommended outdoors when in crowded gatherings.
- Camper capacity will be reduced for spring camps. We will evaluate capacity levels for summer camps as contagion data indicates and adjustments will be made as needed.
Camp is pleased to continue to promote and facilitate outdoor activities and social distancing whenever possible, as these were crucial elements to the success of our 2021 fall season. In addition, remaining flexible and adjusting our protocols based on COVID-transmission rates at any given time will help ensure another successful camping season. Camp de Benneville Pines’ health and safety protocols will follow guidance from – and remain at least as stringent as – the CDC and the State of California, while upholding the essential elements that make the Camp experience special.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Patricia Gordon, chair of the Covid Policy Committee and president of Camp’s board of directors at email@example.com.