COVID-19 and Camp de Benneville Pines
(Updated 8/1/22 and subject to change)
Camp de Benneville Pines takes the health and welfare of the camp community seriously. We will continue to work closely with our medical advisors for the 2022 season with an emphasis on health and safety. We were thrilled that this spring we had no known cases of COVID-19 among our campers.
Here are some important notes about what to expect this spring/summer at Camp:
- All attendees and volunteers must be fully vaccinated, (and preferably boosted if eligible); proof of vaccination is required during Check-in at Camp.
- Adult camps and youth camps requirements may differ.
- The Camp requires all attendees and volunteers to produce a negative Rapid Test within 24 hours of planned arrival at camp. Snap a photo of negative test result on your mobile phone to show during Check-in. If positive, STAY HOME and contact camp’s registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Masking is recommended for all indoor activities except when a camper is sitting down to eat or drink.
- Masking is also recommended for outdoor activities when in crowded gatherings.
- Masking may become required as the COVID epidemic changes, in response to recommendations by the CDC and local health authorities.
- Camper capacity will be reduced for this summer season’s camps. We will evaluate capacity levels for fall camps as the Covid epidemic evolves and make adjustments as needed in accordance with recommendations of the CDC and local health authorities.
Camp will continue to promote and facilitate outdoor activities with social distancing whenever possible, as these were crucial elements to the success of our 2022 spring season. Camp continues to remain flexible in adjusting our protocols based on COVID-transmission rates at any given time. This will help ensure another successful camping season. Camp de Benneville Pines’ health and safety protocols will follow guidance from – and remain at least as stringent as – the CDC and the local health authorities, while upholding the essential elements that make the Camp experience special.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Patricia Gordon, chair of the Covid Policy Committee and president of Camp’s board of directors at email@example.com.
Camp reserves the right to require testing and masking as CDC and public health authorities’ mandates.